The Transition to Teach (T2T) programme helps you to make the successful transition to become a teacher.
Transition to Teach is an innovative programme offering support and guidance to anyone moving into a career in education. It is designed for people who may be interested in using their skills, knowledge and life experience to become a teacher. We are not a training provider but offer a free wraparound service to help you at every stage of your journey. From initial exploration and application, through training and qualification and into your first year as a teacher.
Our programme not only helps individuals in the East Midlands and the North of England to better understand their options, but also provides practical and individualised support to navigate the transition to becoming a teacher.
The two-year T2T programme is facilitated by our Guidance and Development Advisers (GDAs), who work closely with participants, putting them at the centre of the programme to ensure a successful transition.
Our GDAs offer a variety of support, which is tailored towards each participant, based on their own individual needs.
Participants will receive
- Information and advice from education professionals about what it is like to teach.
- Details about eligibility and qualification criteria. We will also advise you of alternative routes, or how to fill any gaps if necessary.
- Support with finding school experience days if required.
- Guidance in choosing the training route which is most suitable for your needs.
- Help with completing UCAS application forms for initial teacher training.
- Continuous help and support throughout training and into your first year of teaching, as you need it.
- Practical and personalised advice from your dedicated GDA on your progress, milestones and the impacts of your career change.
- One-on-one meetings.
- Opportunities to attend networking events with peers.
- Opportunities to attend workshops.
Express your interest
Interested in making a career change? Register your interest with the Transition to Teach programme, and we will be in contact with further information for you.